Sunday, October 16, 2011

In the beginning...

These were the very first handle bars I ever built. As you can see they were the jump off to my Clown Car Bars.

They are thinwall stainless I stole from a friend. I'm pretty sure they were some cafeteria table legs or something at one time.
I didn't have a tig welder or a bender. So I cut them up, mig welded them with steel wire and bent them by heating the tube with a torch. Hense the crinkly tubing. I ran thes suckers for a long time and they never cracked. The welds would start to rust but that was it.

Crazy to see how far things have come. I thought about throwing them in the scrap bin a bunch of times but just couldn't get myself to do it.

Steffan
Zombie Performance
www.zombieperformance.com

1 comment:

  1. should make a shop sign and put them into the design! cool story and what Started it all!

    ReplyDelete